16 April 2016

One win...overall a great game by the NYR

I watched no games last night...very embarrassing, really.

But I watched the Rangers today and I am impressed. To win three more won't be easy, but the Rangers showed how porous the Pittsburgh team is to quick attacks. Look forward to seeing what the Penguins will do to respond.

I can't expect the Rangers to win this series, but these two games makes me think they have a chance. Of course every team has a chance, but until this game, I just didn't think the Rangers would be creating the chances they created today. Granted, the Pens didn't finish some quality chances themselves. That happens. But the Rangers can't count on it. Lundqvist played great - holding solid at the end and saving everything on the ice. The Pens couldn't lift the puck and King Henrik smothered them in tight.

Overall the playoffs have shown some surprises.
The most surprising to me is Tampa Bay. That Johnson-Kucherov line with Killorn on it is potent. Very much like they were last season in the playoffs. I have to think not having Stamkos will hurt them. Luckily this Detroit team is not great. I expected Datsyuk and Zetterberg to at least create some easy scoring opportunities. Thus far they are not. Credit to this Tampa team executing well.

The West is crazy. I look forward to tonight's LA-San Jose game...it will be a battle.

More to come...i'm out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment