22 December 2015

Elliotte Friedman 30 things...

30 Thoughts

I like to read this article when Elliotte Friedman puts it out there. He certainly has his hands and ears in the hockey world.

I'd like to know more about Ryan Getzlaf C - big part of any Anaheim successes. His production is down along with the team's performance - no doubt. If he is injured and hiding it, um, not smart. I think Anaheim's troubles are starting in their own zone. When you move out a top guy like Francois Beauchemin D, now with Colorado, it pushes every other d-man in the system up. If they can't fill those minutes with equal quality, the team isn't going to be as good. People love pointing at goalies but to me this is a prime example of how important other players are to a team. And Beauchemin is not in the top-ten of defensemen.

The Predators getting a young forward would be highly impactful if the price isn't one of the three players mentioned. Otherwise, I think, the bad outweighs the good. Don't get me wrong, Nashville is definitely a piece or two away from nabbing that Cup - but maybe just getting an older forward for less would be fine. Shane Doan RW for Arizona? I know he isn't truly available - but for a couple of picks, he might be a worthy try.

No comments:

Post a Comment