27 January 2016

Other stuff...that annoys me: Blake Griffin does a stupid

I'm alright with Blake Griffin. Fights are mostly all stupid. Punching a guy and losing game-time is an exclamation point on the stupidity and bad-choices, no doubt. (For those that don't know - Griffin had altercation with a team employee, apparently during a dinner the two and probably others had words and then went outside and fought. That doesn't sound like bullying to me, but anything is possible).

But I hate when journalist go off on some righteous diatribe when personal mistakes occur. I guess I am tainted by the journalism industry in general - often going after hype and often issuing 'smarter than you' and 'just better than you (and everyone)' attitudes.

Enter Bill Plaschke. This guy doesn't know the whole story yet puts out these ultimatums and judgments.

Let me do the same:
Bill Plaschke, I don't have the time to investigate your life, but I am sure you have done something you regret. Punched a guy in college? Probably not. Yelled at a boyfriend/girlfriend making him/her feel intimidated? Maybe? Texted while driving!? I think you need a suspension, too. You hear me, LA Times! Do you hear me!?

Even if it shows that Griffin punched this guy in bullying way, unless it reveals some dark-side of the boy, there is nothing pointing to Griffin being a bully. This incident doesn't define the kid and it doesn't define the Ballmer Clippers. So stop being the subtle bully yourself with that issuance of demands "or else!" crap.

2 comments:

  1. Back in the day, I once punched a kid for his lunch money, but that doesn't make me a bully... I was just really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just channeled my inner Plaschke...which is really weird.

    ReplyDelete