05 January 2016

Others: David Staples talks defense in Edmonton

This guy is a Hockey Guy and I always enjoy reading his stuff. Even when he voices different views than me, I respect his line of thought.

The Article

I learn from this guy. I knew Oscar Klefbom was solid but I didn't realize how solid. Darnell Nurse has impressed me with the very things Staples mentions - good puck-mover without making the own-zone mistakes. And Eric Gryba, who they picked up from Ottawa, I respected his play for just what he says - he breaks the cycle.

Hearing about Brandon Davidson is new though. I don't know the guy at all. But if Staples is correct in his analysis, having a solid top three defensemen with two or three others that don't make mistakes will make Edmonton a scary team.

Connor McDavid will return soon. If Klefbom does as well, this team could go on a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment