28 January 2016

Perspectives: Wideman hits the referee...

We all know refs are untouchable - in every sport. Duh.
That is why I don't think any guy in his right mind would intentionally level a ref.

Cam Cole thinks differently...and he is certain about it. I get annoyed at journalists thinking they can see into someone's soul with such confidence.

Dennis Wideman D said he didn't do it intentionally. Criminals lie about intent all the time. So, of course, Wideman is going to say this. But I believe him. He has no record of losing control emotionally. And the biggest thing to me is the way Wideman moves as if startled right before the hit. He was a bit off from the hit he received moments prior - maybe a bit drunk-headed. I've been drunk...I know how things can creep up on ya...it's why you can't drive after a lot of beer - ya get jerky and things creep up on you...like a tree or just the lines in the road.

If he lined the ref up - he is an idiot. But to me, it doesn't appear to be that sort of a hit. But I will admit, I cannot look into anyone's soul.

Watch it here.

2 comments:

  1. I'd actually venture to say that Wideman isn't all there - he clearly had his bell rung on the hit against the wall.
    He reacts and doesn't even realize what he has done.

    Again - we can't read hearts and intentions - probably a really good thing actually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't see anyone doing that hit on purpose.

      Delete