17 February 2016

Thoughts about the Projections

First, my rankings are skewed not only by the loose performance scores but also by my bias. St. Louis might be an 'a' team but I put them in the 'b' group. Likewise, Vancouver may be better than I give them credit. Even as such, I am ok with how everything falls out.

It is certainly only an estimate as to what is to come. There are some good sites out there that have tight formulas for predictions. I am sure that all predictions will be wrong in some areas.

My main goal here was to display what all the teams are facing going down the stretch.
Every team has between 48 and 54 points on the table. A lot can happen. But in most cases things don't change so much.

Some are basically locks for the Playoffs:

In the east...
It seems highly unlikely that Washington and Florida will drop out of the playoffs.
It seems crazy to think the top 7 teams are locked though - I think the top 6 are pretty good.
The Rangers and Bruins face the toughest schedule.
Florida might have the easiest.

In the west...
It seems highly unlikely that Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Anaheim and San Jose won't make it.
That leaves two spots for the next six teams. Watch for multi-game streaks.
Minnesota, with their new coach, might be the most likely to get hot.

Anyway, leave me some thoughts. And if you notice any wrong numbers. please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment