19 October 2015

Read it: James Neal on the art of shooting

I am always intrigued by how these guys view themselves. Different elements and attributes got them where they are. Regardless, though, everyone of the ones that stay for time have a little bit of every element and by little bit, I mean, more than the average person. So their perspective on themselves is cool.

James Neal is quite the scorer. I never really remember him in Dallas much. I love that he played with Brad Richards when Richards was still on top of his game. Marty Turco was his goalie which brings good memories as well. Marty was probably a good "chirper" in his day like Marc Andre-Fleury, as Neal mentions in the article. (honestly, I should have memory of him at Dallas, he was certainly a solid contributor.)

In Pittsburgh is where I first really remember him. He was a force on those top lines. So I definitely see him as a finisher/sniper.

Anyway, give it a read - it is interesting for perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment