15 November 2015

The weekend that wasn't..hockey.

The weekend has not been a good one for me and hockey :)

I watched the Ranger game yesterday. They beat the Senators in a shoot-out after going the full 65 tied at 1.

The Rangers played well and created some good chances - just weren't finishing as they have been. Ottawa gave the Rangers issues with speed - generating a good number of two on ones.

Ottawa looked more like the team I was used to watching last season. Eric Karlsson keeping things tight on the back and leading the attack from their end.

Mats Zuccarello with Derick Brassard and Rick Nash kept form. They creating a lot of opportunities. I hope Nash starts finishing soon. This line will be amazing.

Other than that - I didn't watch any games with any focus. I had them on, but I was playing Fallout 4. Living in that world for most of the weekend really.

I would watch the Ranger game tonight, but its on NHL Network which I don't have. I'll probably watch Calgary at Chicago though. Chicago should win this. They've been playing great hockey all season.

This weekend was a mess though. How many teams are turning around now? Colorado took it to Montreal. And although two of the goals were somewhat soft, the rest weren't. That'd be 4 good goals. Meanwhile, Max Pacioretty and Tomas Plekanec have cooled down.

Toronto has been winning. Not against the bottom teams, Dallas and Nashville fell during the current Maple Leafs' streak.

Columbus has been winning, too. John Tortorella has them playing solid, so it seems.

Anyway, that is all I have. I will be watching the Chase race tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment